Why is There No New News About Borderlands 3???

Discussion in 'Borderlands 3 News' started by Todd Black, Jun 29, 2017.

1. razor

razor Member

I don't know man, the last Half Life 2 expansion came out in 2007 and people were still waiting for a sequel up until last year when pretty much all hope was lost, due to several things that had happened.
    I sure as hell hope we won't have to wait that much for Borderlands 3 though.

2. john kendricks

That would be a bummer; i can't wait

3. killamch89

killamch89 Member

I was waiting for Half-Life 3 as well but it will never be released or maybe the game developers will be resurrected like Doom and be released - one can only dream! I am a bit concerned with how long it is taking Gearbox to release Borderlands 3 though as it has already been 5 years since the last Borderlands title and there isn't even any gameplay footage for Borderlands 3. To top it all off, they missed this year's E3 convention so I am not sure the game will be ready anytime before 2020.

4. razor

razor Member

Yep. Most likely somewhere from mid 2019 - early 2020. Assuming they haven't run into development issues.

5. dionnextherese

We have a long time to wait.

6. john kendricks

I believe it will be a long time till anything is released

7. killamch89

killamch89 Member

Elder Scrolls 6 could be released before Borderlands 3 - can you imagine that? After Bethesda has released Skyrim, the legendary version and the remastered version on every gaming platform known to man, and then managing to release Elder Scrolls VI before the next Borderlands game - madness! The longer Gearbox keeps dragging their feet, the less interest the next Borderlands title will generate.

8. razor

razor Member

I doubt it. Considering that Bethesda showed almost nothing in the trailer, I think ES VI is still very far from being released.
    At least we got tech demos and stuff for Borderlands 3.

9. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I always prefer not giving out much detail

10. killamch89

killamch89 Member

Actually no demos have come out for Borderlands either - it's just that one trailer. Same as Elder Scrolls VI - Bethesda had time to port Skyrim to every gaming platform in existence barring an Atari 2600 which they didn't have a working console(This is a joke in case you didn't know.). I am aware that Elder Scrolls 6 won't be out before 2020 but I was pointing out the fact that we still haven't seen anything substantial from GearBox in terms of Borderlands 3 either.

11. razor

razor Member

We got a tech demo of Borderlands 3. I think the engine work is almost finished now and they are probably working more on the game itself.
    I don't know when we will see ES VI, but Borderlands 3 should be released by then unless Gearbox screws up majorly.

12. jakub1

jakub1 Member

That's great news, the engine takes up the most time

13. john kendricks

And i think they would still be l

14. killamch89

killamch89 Member

Borderlands 3 is quickly becoming the 2nd coming of half-life 3. I don't want to have to deal with that level of disappointment ever again. I can't tell you how many half-life 3 clickbait YouTube videos I have clicked on.

15. overcast

overcast Member

I think there are going to be new news. And things will surely improve. I am not sure on how it may end though. I mean to say in terms of gameplay and story. It's hard to make sequels.

16. razor

razor Member

Eh, I don't think so. Over time, there were subtle cues that Valve actually dropped the development of the game, finalizing with the Half Life series writer basically leaking the story of what would have been episode 3 on the internet, last year, after which all hope for the game was lost.
    OTOH, there are no such clues that Gearbox has abandoned development of Borderlands 3, and honestly they can't afford to because, unlike Valve, they don't have all the DOTA, CSGO, and Steam cash for backup.

17. john kendricks

I rather agree, that's why most seqels don't live up to standards.

18. mynameisshieldler

True.

19. mynameisshieldler

You said it right.

20. killamch89

killamch89 Member

This series is slowly heading into Doom territory - no releases since 2013 and no sign that they are making any progress with the release of this game.