Weapon setup

Discussion in 'Character Builds' started by UnDeSynced, Jun 7, 2014.

1. UnDeSynced

UnDeSynced New Member

I am a level 50 assassin (NO DLC keep in mind) and the main weapons I use are the DP Unkempt Harold, Dva Infinity, and 2 other random weapons. My skill tree was set up by pistol damage. I copied this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6w4eMpgkZg for my build and I have not seen any flaws with it. If there is a better set up let me know. But my main question also goes to my assassin. Since I decided to run with basically only pistols, is there any assault rifles, sniper rifles, and submachine guns that are worth farming for or buying? I don't entirely like relying on pistols to get me a Second Wind in the instance I do down, but the damage output on them is pretty significant over the damage I use with the butcher for example. So again, what Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Submachine Guns are worth using? And if there is a better Zer0 layout, link it or just say it. :) thanks for whoever helps and if you need my PSN it's Xebec_G0LDBL4D3 (zero not capital o).

2. BunLi_Jackolope

BunLi_Jackolope New Member

Hmm, with no dlc I am not sure if you can find these weapons but the sandhawk smg is the best smg of the game imo and definitely worth using. For sniper, a pitchfork is fantastic! both sandhawk and pitchfork are Dahl weapons and fire a burst wave of bullets. Great with the bee shield. I have a few other legendary sniper rifles but can't remember their names atm. I'll check tonight.

#2 BunLi_Jackolope, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  3. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

Lyuda (or White Death or consoles) is a great sniper. For assault rifles, you can't really go with much. SMGs, as BunLi mentioned, Sandhawk is best (yet required Scarlett DLC, sadly) Other than that, you can go with Plasma Casters (E-Tech), Hellfire, Slagga, just really anything that you prefer, honestly. Pitchfork is pretty sweet also, if you want to use that. I would also recommend either A) Norfleet or B) E-Tech rocket launchers (Topneaa, PBFG, etc.) for your second wind needs. They are a bit tough to get yes, but pay off.

4. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

White Death for consoles* not or, apologies

5. BunLi_Jackolope

Yes, what he said. Lyuda (couldn't remember how to spell it) is great damage. However a pempernel does really great too! I have one of each element. Pempernel legendary uses one bullet and when it hits the target it splits into 5 shots that first go upwards then in every direction. Its pretty nice for critical hits!

Smg, slaggs is great and the bitch.

Neat thing about the assassin with sniper rifles is he has an ability called b0re. It doubles critical hit damage if done in a row, doesn't it? That's really handy!

6. UnDeSynced

UnDeSynced New Member

Thanks guys :) appreciate the help, I'll see into getting the DLC so I can get better gear for my characters. For now, I'll keep farming the legendaries.

7. BunLi_Jackolope

Gah! That should be slagga. Nit slaggs. Autocorrect...that isn't even a word
    ....lol

Also there's a pearlesant legendary smg called the florentine. it is dlc though... It DOES SLAG AND SHOCK DAMAGE AT THE SAME TIME!!!! its awesome. There's another legendary smg that refills bullets when equiped. I'll check the name later.

8. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

That would be the pearlescent, Avenger. Tough to get, yes, but indeed nifty. I used to have a few elemental versions of it.

9. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 New Member

Yeah, DLC is definitely the way to go if you want the most out of this game, unfortunately.

10. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I agree with you. Sure, you can make some pretty cool builds without them but they're pretty mandatory in the long run.

11. ZeboThePenguin

ZeboThePenguin New Member

Although I love the base game and all the vanilla guns that come with it you'd be surprised at how much people are missing out without the DLC's! I had to literally beg my friend's to get the DLC because of how boring the guns were :/
    But other than that sweet setup!

12. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Yes, I just saw the video. It was awesome. :D Thanks for sharing it on this forum.

13. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Lyuda was an amazing sniper. It was one of the best snipers in the world. I was impressed by the performence of that sinper. :D

14. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

I completely agree with you. DLC is the way to dig the most out of the game. :D Why you used the word, 'unfortunately'?

#14 oneisgoodu, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016