OFFICIAL: Reasons behind current VIPs.

Discussion in 'Borderlands2Forum.com Announcements' started by Sacridfire, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Since there seem to be some issues with who has ended up as a VIP and us "playing favorites" I'm going to explain why each person has VIP status.

Moosemeat - He has been around since way before launch and has always been willing to help anybody he can. He also helped maintain order in the period of time before Fear and myself became moderators.

Redferrari and Alien Firefly - Both joined around launch and were willing to help anybody that needed. They have been active since then and also helped maintain order during the No-Mod era.

PotatoChief - He could've stopped posting his youtube videos back at the start when he got very little views from us. Instead he kept posting and now provides us with entertainment and forum traffic.

This one is a bit controversial.
    MorbidMobius - He joined up about 2 months ago and has been active since. Every help request forum I have checked out in the past month has him as one of the first posts answering the question in an understandable way. He doesn't have as many "fluff posts" as people seem to think. His post count didn't skyrocket over night. If you look at his profile he averages 3 posts per day. I triple that and nobody complains about me posting useless crap (which I do much more often than him).

The 5 required votes is just a guideline not an absolute. If Fear or myself feel you deserve it we can always make you a VIP without putting it to a vote, but we value our member's opinions so this will rarely happen. We also have final say on whether or not somebody can become a VIP so there won't be any free invites.

There is no backroom that only they are invited to. The only perks to VIP are a VIP chat forum that rarely sees use and the ability to vote on future VIPs.

Just because they have VIP status doesn't mean they get special treatment like priority on suggestions or immunity to consequences. They are still expected to follow the rules just like everybody else.

If you want to become a VIP you need to show that you are willing to do anything in your power to help this forum in some way. Whether it be providing traffic through youtube videos or being the first on the scene to help when somebody has a problem or even being able to help maintain order when there is no staff present (this doesn't mean you get to act like a moderator and threaten people with suspensions/bans. It just means you are able to keep things calm). I can assure you we do notice when these things happen whether you feel we see it or not.

You must provide a service very few people are willing to provide. A simple shop or guide on something isn't going to get you VIP. There are thousands of those out there.

2. frontstmaui

frontstmaui New Member

Sounds like the butthurt is not particular to any one forum.... LOL.. Good to see the more things change, the more they stay the same....

3. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

who would care, and why would they care? I mean, if you guys pay for the site, and use your time to keep it up, you decide who gets promoted. are there any advantages to being a vip? like a 1000 dollar monthly salery, or christmas bonuses, or free games?

4. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

You get access to an extra forum section and have the ability to change your title.

5. FPSPearce

FPSPearce PyroPearce the Invincable

and complementary pretzels

6. a nakedmonk86

a nakedmonk86 Professional Turtle Wrangler

Pffff....I got lobster