Do you prefer the PS4 or Xbox One for gaming?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by themusicliveson, May 17, 2016.

1. themusicliveson

themusicliveson New Member

I own both consoles and I was wondering what everyone's opinions were.

Both are definitely great consoles and both have pros and cons. Both run games beautifully. I like the PlayStation's sleeker controller better than the Xbox's giant brick. I like the way the Xbox handles apps and the Live Store more than the Playstation's layout.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

My first choice is always PC gaming, but if I had to choose between these two, I would definitely go with the Ps4. I always found the Xbox to be a bit more complicated. The Xbox was full of unnecessary complications, along with a pretty uncomfortable controller. I also enjoy the game selection on Ps4 as well. I think the real difference in the consoles are the controllers. I just feel more comfortable holding a Ps4 controller- aside from it's game pad.

3. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins New Member

I would personally prefer the PS4 over the XBONE. Many, many tests have been performed on these consoles and for the most part, the PS4 seems to come out on top in terms of graphics, fps and overall smoothness of games. Not to mention the other great features the sony consoles have, such as PS Plus and backwards compatibility

4. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I love DUALSHOCK 4 more than XBONE's controller, but I'd have to go with the latter when it comes to consoles. Xbox has the better platform in my opinion, plus it's easier to integrate games with PC users.

5. zebali

zebali Member

I always love to play games on PC rather than a console. It feels so comfortable and you would have a variety of options to apply on it. You can upgrade your ram, hard disk, and graphic card.
    It feels perfect to play to play games over PC.

I have dual shock controller with a converter " console to PC ".

6. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member

I prefer PS 4 to Xbox because there are many features about it I love, most especially the graphics and controller

7. camshaq23

camshaq23 New Member

I've always stuck with Playstation than Xbox. Playstation is much better because the controllers are much more comfortable and much simpler than the Xbox

8. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

Honestly, I feel sometimes the only reason people prefer Playstation gaming over Xbox One, is solely due to the controller. Whenever I've asked people why they prefer Playstation over Xbox One, the only valid reason they have is the controller. Personally, I feel if the Xbox controller was DualShock 4, everyone would be on Xbox. And maybe that is a big factor to some, for me, however, it isn't. I support Playstation equally, but as a preference, I do prefer Xbox.

Like I said in another post, it's quite easy to get accustomed to DualShock 4 after going from an Xbox controller. However, if you go from DualShock 4 to an Xbox One controller, it will take quite some time getting used to.

9. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Member

I'm most of a PC gamer, but when I think what of the two consoles I should buy, I always go for the PS4.
    It's not about the console itself, it's because it has the exclusives that interest me the most: Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts, Uncharted... and many many remastered and remakes, like God of War, The Last of Us... and of course the upcoming Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, I would buy a PS4 just for that.

10. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

I usually prefer PS4. I had all the previous versions of playstation so it is just easy for m to get on and play the latest version of it. It has been years since I had played on Xbox.

11. overcast

overcast Member

I'd say PS4 is lot better. And it's fun to use that console. I have more experience with it. And so the natural bias for me is the PS4. I have tried Xbox too. But I think PS4 seems to be good in many ways.