Did you play Borderlands 1 as well?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by fuzyon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I did. I first started out with Borderlands 1 but had no idea about the second game. I found about this one kind of late, but I'm glad I did nevertheless.

2. insertkittyface

insertkittyface New Member

Sadly, no, I didn't, I've just played Borderlands 2. I've thought about buying it on steam when it's been on sale, but I don't know if I'd like it after playing the second game, so that's what's been holding me back from getting it.

3. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr New Member

Yeah, I didn't play it as much as I do BL2, though. I never even got to beat the first game, as some other games ended up distracting me. But I've always loved the BL franchise, even if I didn't beat the first game, I was already a big fan by the time the second game came out

4. Spectre456

Spectre456 New Member

I started out with Borderlands 2, but I had so much fun that I just decided to go back and play the first one. I wasn't dissappointed at all and had a blast with the first one as well. I haven't gone back to Borderlands 1 in a while, but I might go back to it in the future.

5. krnd

krnd New Member

I started with the very first Borderlands and can say I enjoy it as much as Borderlands 2, the multiplayer in it was got me to try it because my friends were so excited to share the missions in it. Those of you who haven't tried it should definitely go ahead and do it, there's so much to the story as well :)

6. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Yes, I played Borderlands 1. My father gifted me the Borderlands 2 game. In my opinion, Borderlands 2 is much more interesting than the first part.

7. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Yes, both the game are similar. By the way, Borderlands 2 is more interesting than the first part because of the main storyline.

8. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Yes, of course. I started playing it because the graphics looked super cool, and the the gameplay got me hooked. The amount of weapons is crazy, and there's so much to do, in order to be more powerful. It's a great game too, but the 2 is superior.

9. Sworden

Sworden New Member

Oh definitely, borderlands 1 was a blast to play, and I only really got into it because of it's split screen co-op.

I was keeping a pretty big eye on borderlands 2 when it was announced, and when it got stellar reviews across the board, I was pretty hyped.

Sadly I didn't get to play the game until recently for various reasons (money, forgot about it, etc.), but man it's still a really fun game to play, even more so with friends.

10. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Hah, don't even worry about it, Borderlands 3 has still a long way until it comes out, you have all the time in the world to play Borderlands 2. How do you like it so far? What's your favorite character.
    Spoiler Alert: the story is amazing, you may finish this game in a couple of weeks.

11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Borderlands 2 was my very first taste of the Borderlands series. I really enjoyed playing through the game and it was even better, a bonding experience for my boyfriend and I. I fell in love with the game and ended up purchasing Borderlands 1 and the Pre-Sequel. Borderlands 1 was an awesome game and honestly, I wish I had discovered it prior to playing the second. I feel like I missed out on waiting for releases and getting pumped about the next game. I'm stoked for future games! :D

12. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

I didn't play it and now I wish I had, I don't know if it's worth getting it and playing it now I've got 2. I might look out for it as something to play when I can't think of anything else.

13. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

I absolutely played Borderlands 1 first, and I probably revisit it most often due to the surplus of dlc available, for better or worse.

14. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

That's a really interesting thought.

15. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

It's definitely for better.

16. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

You should really play the second part.

17. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Have you completed 100 percent? (first part)?

18. andandand3

andandand3 Member

Not in the correct order, but looking back I wish that I would have because it would have made transitions a lot easier. I did manage to get my time in, though.

19. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

I first heard about Borderlands when their second game had been released. I can not say that it has, in any way, affected my understanding of the game. I am the type of gamer who catches up pretty quick and I still got to enjoy Borderlands 1 in my own way. I watched some of the Borderlands 1 videos on YouTube and got to know where it all started.

20. razor

razor Member

Nope, started with this one. I don't really regret it either, I've heard some bad things about the first game. Bad a.i, bad story, pretty repetitive...still might try it one day, not sure, though I'm definitely expecting it to be worse than the sequel.