Axton 2 slag turrets. Distract and Massacre

Discussion in 'Character Builds' started by BunLi_Jackolope, Jun 8, 2014.

1. BunLi_Jackolope

BunLi_Jackolope New Member

*text coming soon, just adding pix for now. Will edit later*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 BunLi_Jackolope, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  2. BunLi_Jackolope

This build is a great team mate. Its set up for 2 slag barrels on a turrent and 2 turrents!! The turrets have shields so setting both up close to each other and getting in the middle grants a ton on protection. Also if a team mate is down, throw both turrents near the downed player for some shelter.

The turrents themselves are perfect. Throw them into a corner and let raid bosses get distracted by them, they can take a beating! Also, if one turrent breaks and one is still out, you can THROW A NEW ONE! the turrents will keep the enemy slagged so you can focus on dishing out MAJOR DAMAGE with a bee shield, shock sandhawk, bone of ancients +shock damage and cool down rate, and zoom and fire. If no sandhawk, get double penetrating unkempt harald with an explosive relic or bone of ancients with explosive and cool down rate.

Bone of ancients are dropped by loot midgets in wildlife exploitation.

This build works great paired with the siren build I posted with this.

3. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

This is what I used exactly on my OP4 commando before my PS3 quit on me. I can confirm that this works great. It was a great help having those slag turrets slagging enemies while I shot with sandhawk, DPUH, etc. However, I used a e-tech stockpile relic (+71.5% SMG ammo, +71.5% Pistol ammo, 51% something max health) for raid bosses because I used to run out of ammo quite often. Anyone who is second guessing this build, don't. It works great!

4. leww

leww New Member

don't trust any build that puts 4 points into laser sight, it is the worst skill in the whole tree

5. BunLi_Jackolope

Eh? Really? I've had great success using it on flying enemies. Rakks and the big one for me, those zippy jets that repair loaders and constructors. Without the laser sight, I've seen my turrent miss it constantly. Slapped 4 in there and it slags'em everytime.

I also rely heavily on my turrents getting me a second wind. In digistruct peak towards the end there's a spit that has a ton of those zippy repair jets. I. Hate. Those. I'd bet heavily on my turrents taking them out if I throw them up high. But I'll definitely try it with out that skill on and report my findings.
    about to do a whole lot of digistruct with a bunch of different characters!

I'll have to do some experimenting!

Testing report tomorrow!

Oh, also needed something early in the tree to throw points into to get the rest of the tree unlocked. I will fiddle with it.

#5 BunLi_Jackolope, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  6. leww

leww New Member

If you like the pretty green light then go ahead and put 1 point in. It is well known over in GB forums that it does not increase turret accuracy

7. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

Well that wasn't sarcastic at all. Also, if its so popular could I see some evidence it doesn't improve anything? I just want to make sure that way I can confirm if its a bugged skill or not. Video or written (over forums, etc.) proof would be appreciated or if you want to take the time to explain it to be yourself. Just looking for some confirmation, not trying to be rude.

8. BunLi_Jackolope

Yeah, me either. I did a little testing (not a whole lot ) and from what I can tell in digistruct - is that it does NOTHING for enemies on the ground. Does the exact same. But for surveyors.. It SEEMS to hit them much more often. Again, I think we need more testing with this.

What do you recommend adding points into?

9. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

Oh my god. Have you ever farmed/gotten a hive from Saturn? My friend and I have probably killed him close to 200 times and haven't gotten anything from him. Just want to know how many kills I'm looking at to get myself a Hive..

10. BunLi_Jackolope

Eh, its a pistol? I haz it I think. Pretty sure Pete dropped it for us tho. I might be thinking about the Hornet tho.

11. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

Hornet is what your thinking. I'm talking about the Hive rocket launcher. Its a blue, with red text, therefore unique. It only drops from Saturn so I am just wondering how long it'll take for us to get one.

12. BunLi_Jackolope

Oh! My bad! I do not have that! Nor have I seen one! Your chances of getting it will be higher if you have 4 people OR have captain scarlet's DLC and do the gate trick with master gee. For that, go to master gees room and mash up against the gate with it closed. Game will thing you have 4 people. Makes tubby/chubby enemies appear more often and rare loot drops are higher.

13. BL2Roby

BL2Roby New Member

Gotcha. I'm going for a low level one that way I can just know that I have gotten it to drop. So I'll do the DLC for Captain Scarlett and see if i can get it anytime soon. I have killed him probably 400 times and still no drop, however I did get two Invaders, which he drops.

14. Corten

Corten New Member

Another great build, nice job. I'll definitely give this a try, too. Thanks for posting.

15. bavinnie

bavinnie New Member

Thanks for the build! This will be my first time playing axton so I'm gonna try it out, I'm gonna try to do some research into that whole laser sight thing as well. I'm a min-max sort of guy.